A2H2 Healthcare Hackathon 2019:
Topic: Invisible Diseases & Disabilities
Place: The William Monroe Trotter Multicultural Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Date: Saturday, September 21 and Sunday, September 22, 2019
– Kick off Networking & Socializing Event Friday, September 20, 2019
– Healthcare Hackathon starts on Saturday with lecture of keynote speaker
– followed by 30 sec problem pitches & team formation
– Ideation/ Prototyping/ Value prop/ market & IP research under guidance of expert mentors
– Sunday noon: Presentation of Ideas/ MVP & selection of winners by judges
:: Approximately 150 participants, volunteers and mentors expected to attend ::
What is A2 Health Hacks?
In 2014, investors pumped $6.5 billion into 459 health technology startups across the US, many of which originated at hackathons. Traditionally a hackathon is where a large group coders come together to collaborate in order to create usable software or ideas. We’ve turned this idea on its head and bring together hackers, makers, entrepreneurs, and healthcare professionals to build on everyone’s collective knowledge and experience in order to tackle some of the industry’s most complicated issues.
You take action at A2 Health Hacks
Designers, Engineers, Crafters, & Builders
It’s not always about inventing something new or solving problems through software. Many of today’s healthcare problems are caused because not everyone thinks about the end user when developing solutions. Maybe it’s about rethinking the approach for a process, engineering new physical prototypes, or redesigning someone’s DIY efforts to reach a larger audience. Makers have a unique way of approaching the world’s problems and what better way to have an impact than on healthcare issues!
Hackers, Coders, Developers, & IT
We need anyone involved in programming and software development to help make this event successful! It’s not just about knowing the problems the healthcare industry faces, but understanding the capability of technology to solve problems. Help us think outside the box and reframe issues into problems that can be solved through the development of innovative software or programing.
Medical, Academic, Social Health, Policy, & Public Health
Healthcare experts may be the biggest link to making our event a success. Without truly understanding the issues and hurdles the healthcare industry faces, it’s almost impossible to find the best way to address these. Without those who are investing in this world day in and day out, technology could be built with only half of the picture resulting in subpar results or solutions.
Business Experts, Administrators, Finance, & Contractors
Healthcare solutions always sound amazing and begin with good intentions, but can quickly lose focus because of difficulties scaling up and implementing. Entrepreneurs can help ensure that ideas are economically feasible and presented in a way that would garner support from backers.
Don’t feel like you fit into any of these categories? That’s fine!
Tell us what skills you bring and why you’re passionate about healthcare. Everyone has something to contribute!
Leadership Team Positions:
Hello Health Hackers!
With our hackathon fast approaching, we are seeking talented individuals to join our group in leadership positions. We are searching to fill the following roles:
Social Media Lead:
- update social media (website, twitter, facebook)
- create web content (flyers, images, graphics)
- work with Communications Lead on outreach and marketing
Logistics Coordinator Lead:
- handle Hackathon logistics (food, accommodation, etc)
- handle monthly meeting logistics (location, timing, etc)
- handle executive meeting logistics (coordinating meetings between Health Hacks leads and directors)
Community Outreach Lead:
- attend community events to connect with similar organizations
- network and promote Ann Arbor Health Hacks in person
- work with Social Media Lead on outreach and marketing
- fill in and help the other leads ensure their roles run smoothly
- pursue your own projects as you see needs/opportunities arise
Interested? We’d love to have you! Apply here.